Author(s): Oliver Jeffers, Drew Daywalt
In 2013, Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers' picture book, The Day the Crayons Quit, became a #1 bestselling smash-hit. It featured a boy named Duncan and his funny, disgruntled cast of crayons who decided enough was enough--it was time to walk off the job. Luckily, Duncan managed to convince them to come back to work and a second book was born.
Praise for The Day the Crayons Came Home
One of Parents Magazine's Ten Best Children's Books of 2015
A Publishers Weekly Best Book of the Year
"Highly anticipated (yes, even for adults)" --Entertainment Weekly "Mr. Daywalt's text blends with Mr. Jeffers's illustrations to make a picture book that will have children clamoring for more crayon adventures."--The Wall Street Journal
* "A masterwork of humor and design . . . Sure to be as popular as The Day the Crayons Quit."--Booklist, starred review
* "A brilliant, colorful tale that begs to be read aloud and a must-have for all collections."--School Library Journal, starred review
* "Once again, Daywalt and Jeffers create rich emotional lives and personalities for their colorful cast, and it's hard to imagine a reader who won't be delighted."--Publishers Weekly, starred review
"Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers once again offer perceptive and frequently hilarious insights...The Day the Crayons Came Home will have readers of all ages chuckling--and will inspire kids' empathy and imagination in equal measure."--BookPage
Praise for The Day the Crayons Quit
The #1 New York Times bestselling phenomenon--over two years on the bestseller list
Winner of the E.B. White Read-Aloud Award
Amazon's 2013 Best Picture Book of the Year
A Barnes & Noble Best Book of 2013
Goodreads' 2013 Best Picture Book of the Year
* "Hilarious . . . Move over, Click, Clack, Moo; we've got a new contender for the most successful picture-book strike." -BCCB, starred review
"Jeffers . . . elevates crayon drawing to remarkable heights." -Booklist
"Fresh and funny." -The Wall Street Journal
"This book will have children asking to have it read again and again." -Library Media Connection
* "This colorful title should make for an uproarious storytime." -School Library Journal, starred review
* "These memorable personalities will leave readers glancing apprehensively at their own crayon boxes." -Publishers Weekly, starred review
"Utterly original." -San Francisco Chronicle
Winner of UK Literacy Association Book Award: Ages 3-6 2015.
Praise for The Day the Crayons Quit: "Hilarious picture book brilliance..." Books for Keeps "It's funny, clever and pushes kids' creativity." The Telegraph "...stunning illustrations" Julia Eccleshare, The Guardian Praise for This Moose Belongs to Me: 'As ever, Jeffers's illustrations delight, inspire and surprise with their variety and ingenuity.' The Guardian Praise for Stuck: 'Brilliantly silly' - The Telegraph Praise for The Incredible Book Eating Boy: 'Mouth-wateringly irresistible' The Guardian Praise for Stuck: 'Brilliantly silly' - The Telegraph Praise for The Incredible Book Eating Boy: 'Mouth-wateringly irresistible' The Guardian
Drew Daywalt is an award-winning writer/director of film and TV, his work featured on Disney, MTV, FEARnet and Syfy. He lives in Southern California.
Oliver Jeffers graduated from The University of Ulster in 2001 with First Class honours. His outstanding talent has been recognised by several high-profile awards, including the Nestle Children's Book Prize Gold Award. 'Lost and Found' animation was broadcast on Channel 4. Oliver lives and works in Brookyln, New York.